Our psychology minor is designed to give students a broad survey of the study of psychology. Students in other majors may choose to complement their study in business, journalism, health and medicine, law and criminology, data science, education, human services, and many other fields.
To plan your psychology major, refer to the minor checklist below and meet with a psychology advisor.
- 28 total psychology credit hours
- 20 upper division psychology credit hours (includes 16 at UO)
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 in psychology coursework required
- Mind and Brain (PSY 201) and Mind and Society (PSY 202)
- Scientific Thinking (PSY 301)
- Math 243 (recommended, but will accept Math 246 or higher)
- Statistical Methods in Psychology (PSY 302) or equivalent (Math 343, 425, 461, 462)
- Three 300-level psychology core courses numbered 304-309, including at least one from PSY 304 or PSY 305